Tron: Legacy (and the original Tron!) is coming to Blu-Ray next month, and to celebrate one of the first “videogames in a movie” franchises we’re having a contest to coincide!
We’re hosting our first ever sketch contest on SideQuesting, and it centers around the classic vehicle: the Light Cycle. It’s one of the coolest rides to ever zip along a path of light on the silver screen, and the latest Tron sequel saw an incredible update to it. The goal is for you to create/sketch a light cycle concept, but to do so in around 2 hours or less. Pencil sketches, Photoshop, Painter… whatever you want to use to create it is up to you. We just want to see a great idea (or two).
We’ll feature each eligible concept on our site and select a winner. The winner will receive a copy of the Art of Tron Legacy art book, a White Light Cycle toy figurine, and a Tron Deluxe Light Cycle. Submit as many concepts/images as you’d like (per the rules below, no purchase necessary). Total value of prizes: $75
You can be as creative as you’d like, sketching something that’s more modern or classic, or completely unique. Each entry will be evaluated on merits of cool design, creativity and sketch by the SideQuesting staff. Create an entire cool scene, or just a cool idea on a napkin.
See the full rules below, and email your designs to Sidequesting@gmail.com with your name and address.
- Contest starts Today, Tuesday, March 22nd.
- Submissions due by Sunday night, April 10th, at 11:59PM EST
- Winner announced on Tuesday, April 12th
- Format: JPEG, PNG, or TIFF file
- Submit as often as you’d like, as there is no limit.
- MUST BE ORIGINAL WORK.
- Send sketches to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prizes ship to US addresses only.
- We will select an International (non-US) winner as well, and that winner will receive a copy of the Art of Tron: Legacy Book.
- All qualifying submissions will be posted in a gallery.
- Please see our official Contest Rules for more information.
Good Luck, and have fun!
[The contest has no affiliation with Disney or Disney Pictures. The Tron property is copyright and trademarked by Disney. Images courtesy Disney. Concepts and images submitted are owned by the artists.]