Our friends at andriasang (via Inside Games) are reporting that when Nintendo finally launches their next system update to the 3DS in late May, it’ll come packaged with a free version of Excitebike… in THREE-MUTHA-TRUCKIN-DEE. During Nintendo’s investor press conference in Tokyo today, the company revealed some of it’s plans for the rest of the year. Notably, that there actually ARE some Wii games in the pipeline… at least for Japan.
- Excitebike will launch for free as a part of the “3D Classics” banner of games on the 3DS eShop
- Nintendo will begin with Gameboy and Gameboy Color games on the 3DS Virtual Console, but hopes to expand to others (PC Engine, Game Gear?) later
- Kid Icarus will arrive in late Summer or beyond… which probably translates to September or October in our dreams
- Mario Kart 3D is expected within the fiscal year, but is taking longer than expected to develop. It may not make it until 2012 now.
- The Vitality Sensor is (for some reason) still being worked on, and no release date was announced. E3 news, maybe?
- There is a Wii version of Rhythm Heaven coming, using buttons instead of motion controls.
- Zelda: Skyward Sword, the new Kirby game, and Pandora’s Tower are all arriving this year.