Time to harvest fruit and clone zombie animals, baybay!
Ooblets, the extremely bizarre Pokemon-meets-Harvest Moon game thing finally has a launch date: July 15th for Early Access! The game is currently scheduled to hit EA on the Xbox and Epic Games Store platforms, but we’ll definitely have our eyes on it through the process. In fact, we’ve been keeping our eyes on it all throughout its development, and been in a sort of amazement that it actually exists.
For a rough primer on Ooblets, according to its developers:
What is this game?
It’s Ooblets. You farm, you grow pals on your farm, you have those pals do dance battles, you live in a town, normal stuff.
- Live a simple life working the land (and collecting magical creatures)
- Customize your character’s clothing, hair style, and house
- Take part in a bustling little town full of characters
- Explore a variety of locations across Oob, all with their own biomes, plants, characters, and unique ooblets
- Upgrade your lil pals because I guess they’re not good enough for you
- Join an Ooblet club. Feel wanted and appreciated. Distrust other clubs’ members.
- Collect stuff like seeds, items, furniture, machinery, and friends
See y’all next week or so!