Taylor & Zach are very excited
Soul Hackers, the sequel-ish to Devil Summoner, itself spin-off of the Shin Megami Tensei series, is getting its own sequel. Atlus have revealed Soul Hackers 2, a turn based RPG that takes the demon-summoning magic of the SMT series, and places it into a near future. The original Soul Hackers took place within an MMO, but this looks to be based more outside of the in-game digital realm.
Here are the story details, from Atlus:
- A story set in midst of the 21st century, a little further in the future from now.
- “Demon Summoners” live in dark societies and harness the supernatural powers of “demons.” And “Aion,” a being that watches over the world, detects the world’s forthcoming ruin.
- To avoid ruin, Aion’s Ringo and Figue descend upon the human world. They head for protect the two people needed to avert destruction, but both had already been killed.
- Ringo deploys Aion’s special ability “Soul Hack” to revive their targets. Working alongside the Devil Summoners, Ringo and Figue pursue a mystery with the future of the world at stake.
- Will you be able to avert destruction…?
The game arrives on August 26, 2022 in the West on PlayStation, Xbox, Steam, and Windows PC platforms.