Every year, the Into the Pixel gallery at E3 showcases the amazing video game based work of artists from around the world. The art is often in-game or hand-made, focusing on emotion and composition to express a game’s experience. This year’s event is no different.
Featuring 14 pieces, the ESA and AIAS co-sponsored event will be on display from June 13-15 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. The pieces, which range from works inspired by RiME and SUPERHOT to Uncharted and Prey, will also be auctioned off that week via eBay through June 17, raising funds for both of the foundations.
The pieces were selected by a jury of some of gaming’s most notable art and design talent. They are:
- Bob Rafei, founder, CEO and Visual Director, Big Red Button Entertainment
- Glenn Phillips, Curator and Head of Modern & Contemporary Collections, Getty Research Institute
- Jane Ng, Lead Artist, Campo Santo
- Matt Hall, Senior Concept Artist, Zynga/Rising Tide Games
- Nora Dolan, Independent Curator
- Patricia Lanza, Director of Talent and Content, The Annenberg Space for Photography
- Seth Spaulding, Senior Art Manager, Blizzard Entertainment
Check out the online gallery below, and plan on visiting the IRL gallery at E3 proper if you get the chance. For more info, go to IntoThePixel.com
Images: Into The Pixel, ESA, AIAS