What an incredible amount of entries for our Dystopia competition! This has been our most-entered design contest to date, with work from all around the US and the entire world! A GIANT THANK YOU to everyone who entered, sponsored or spread the word! We thoroughly appreciate your hard work, and we wish you all the best, whether you won or not!
Before we list the winners, we’d like to thank our sponsors, judges, and promoters for their hard work:
- Bethesda Softworks – Check out their latest incredible game, Rage, from the creators of DOOM and Quake!
- CarBodyDesign – One of the premiere websites in the world for automotive sketching techniques and design news
- CockyCulture – Designers of some of the most popular themes and apps for Blackberry devices
- DesignSojourn – A terrific website by Brian Ling devoted to Industrial Design, featuring articles, insights, and tips from professionals
- PressXtoJustin – Justin Russo, our featured artist of the month, and his incredible mountain of work
United States Winner: John Frye
International Winner: Raphael Laurent
Raphael potentially made the most moody, atmospheric image of all of the designs. Featuring an AMG outfitted with blood-soaked spikes, a myriad of machine guns behind a massive side shield, and a windshield with a tiny slot for visibility, the image is a movie in itself. The driver has either just completed escaping from the glowing-eyed mutants across a broken bridge, turning around to show them that he’s still alive, or is about to make his way over to them, guns in hand as they look on in unexpecting fear. Couple all of that with excellent lighting effects and the damaged sheet metal of the coupe, and you have a winner.
Ville Veikko Penttinen
Both Raphael and John will be receiving the prizes, but the everyone who submitted designs captured the feeling of the contest extremely well! Thank you to everyone, and please stay tuned for our next contest!